It is important for us to protect and respect your privacy when you have chosen to use Maki A/S as a business partner, have visited our website or otherwise have been in contact with us. It is therefore equally important that we process your personal data securely and appropriately so that you can feel confident in the cooperation or the dialogue with us. When processing your personal data Maki A/S is a data controller.
We collect personal data in a number of ways
We collect personal data about you in the following ways:
- When we attend to you as a customer, supplier or partner
- When you are in contact with our employees, e.g. our sales staff or our sales and purchase departments
- When you contact us
- When you create a profile on our website
- When you visit our website, Facebook page, YouTube channel, Instagram and LinkedIn profiles, etc.
- When you subscribe to our newsletter
- When you participate in campaigns, competitions or surveys
- When you provide us with the personal data
- When you provide information to third parties with whom we cooperate
- When we buy services and data from other businesses
- When you apply for a job at our company
Below you can see why we do it and on what basis we do it.
Our processing of personal data
How we process your personal data depends on who you are.
In order to deliver our products and services to you we need to know your name, your address, your phone number and your e-mail address, i.e. necessary identification and contact information. We also have access to your purchase history. We use the legal basis in GDPR article 6, 1, b. We delete your data when it is no longer needed to provide you with our services. Bookkeeping and tax laws requires us to register and keep certain personal data for a period of 5 years.
If you are a supplier for Maki A/S we will process your contact information e.g. name, e-mail address, phone number, company address and billing information. Our legal basis is GDPR 6,1,f as we have a legitimate interest in being able to communicate with you and pay for any services or products you might provide. We delete your data when it is no longer needed. Bookkeeping and tax laws requires us to register and keep certain personal data for a period of 5 years.
Campaign or competition participants
When you participate in campaigns or competitions we process your name, address and phone number. Our legal basis is GDPR 6,1,f as we have a legitimate interest in being able to draw a winner, communicate with winner and mail the winner their prize. The personal data will be deleted when the campaign or competition is over.
When you apply for a job at Maki A/S we process any personal data that you provide to us via your resume, application, tests etc. We might also look at your social media profiles. Our legal basis is GDPR 6,1,f as we have a legitimate interest in assessing your application for a job opening. If you provide us with a reference and your consent (GDPR article 6,1,a), we might contact the reference you have provided. If you are chosen for the job, we transfer the data to our employee archive and if we must decline you your data is deleted.
Visitors on our websites
If you give your consent (GDPR article 6,1,a), we will use your e-mail, name and country to send you newsletters depending on your location with news about our business and products. You can withdraw your consent at any time by unsubscribing via the link in the newsletter or by contacting us. We will document any given consents for two years after withdrawal.
Customer satisfaction surveys
Because we always want to improve out services to you, we might ask you to participate in a customer satisfaction survey. Our legal basis is GDPR 6,1,f as we have a legitimate interest in improving our services. We keep your survey answers for 10 years for statistical reasons.
General inquires via social media
When you contact us via our social media accounts, we will process your username and message content. Our legal basis is GDPR 6,1,f as we have a legitimate interest in responding to inquiries. We will delete direct messages continuously as we reply to them. Any posts you have created on out sites you have the possibility to delete yourself. We have a shared data responsibility with the social media providers Meta (Facebook, Instagram), Google (Youtube) and Microsoft (LinkedIn).
General inquires via e-mail
When you contact us via e-mail we will process your e-mail, name and message content. Our legal basis is GDPR 6,1,f as we have a legitimate interest in responding to inquiries. We will delete e-mails continuously as we reply to them.
Users of the contact form “Become a customer”
When you fill out the contact form “Become a customer” on your website we process the following personal data: Contact name, contact e-mail, invoice e-mail, finance contact e-mail, company, address, ZIP code, city, phone number, billing address, webshop URL, VAT number, any information you disclose in the textbox. We use the legal basis in GDPR article 6,1,f as we have a legitimate interest in responding to and acquire new customers. Before we accept you as a customer, we will disclose your VAT number to out insurance company that will give you a credit rating. If we accept you as a customer your data will be transferred to our ERP system and we you are declined, we will delete the data your provided.
Disclosure of personal data
Depending on the scenario we might disclose your personal data to:
- Suppliers of IT solutions, e.g. ERP systems, hosting, e-mail services
- Customer satisfaction bureaus
- Assurance company in connection with credit ratings
- Invoice scanning supplier
- Recruiting agency and test providers
- Banks, freight companies, auditors, debt collectors
We only use data processors in the EU or secure third countries, as well as companies in countries that can provide your information with adequate protection. The following are used as data processors in countries outside the EU:
- Microsoft Office 365: Office 365 provider. Terms and conditions can be found here.
- Google Analytics: Statistics on the Website. Terms and conditions can be found here.
The Rocket Science Group, LLC
- Mailchimp: Provider of system for sending out newsletters. Terms and conditions can be found here.
When we use suppliers in countries outside the EU, we use the EU Commission’s standard contracts (SCC) and supplementary measures as a basis for the transfer. This provides the necessary guarantees for the protection of your information.
We have a share data responsibility with the following companies in unsafe third countries:
- LinkedIn: Company profile on Linkedin. Terms and conditions can be found here.
- YouTube: Company profile on YouTube. Terms and conditions can be found here.
Meta Platforms Inc.
- Facebook: Marketing our products. Terms and conditions can be found here.
- Instagram: Marketing our products. Terms and conditions can be found here.
You have many rights
In this section, you can read that you have a number of rights in connection with our processing of your personal data, among other things that you have:
- The right to have incorrect personal data rectified
- The right to access your personal data and receive a copy
- The right to have your personal data erased
- The right to request limitation
- The right to object to processing
- The right to withdraw consent
- The right to avoid profiling
The right to file a complaint about our processing of your personal data to the Danish Data Protection Agency (Datatilsynet)
Links to other service providers
On our website and in other communication from us, there may be links to the websites of other businesses that do not belong to our company. We are not responsible for the contents of these websites, and our personal data policy does not apply to the websites of these businesses.
Our company is the controller and ensures that your personal data are processed in compliance with the law:
CVR no. 18 72 23 99
Haarupvej 22 D
Telephone number: +45 4447 6603